The Cure Porch on Wheels will be available for local events starting June 15. As we approach the final stages of construction, we will add a schedule of upcoming events on the finished Porch. If you are interested in reserving the porch for your event, use the button below.
EVENTS at a glance
The Cure Porch on Wheels
- Saturday, April 27: Saranac Lake at Work -- Stories and Snapshots -- A Collaboration with North Country Public Radio's North Country at Work Project. We are looking for photos and memories about your work or your family’s work in Saranac Lake. What did your grandparents do for work? What was your very first part-time gig? What’s your favorite memory from on the job? Come share your snapshots of people at work, tell us your stories about working life, and become part of our growing online archive! Stop by Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum, 89 Church Street, from 1 p.m – 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 27.
- Thursday May 16: Saranac Lake at Work -- Audio and Photo Exhibit -- Stop by and check out our exhibit showcasing photos of work in Saranac Lake from the 1800s to the present, plus listening stations where you can hear work stories from people in your community. Join us as we kick off the exhibit with an evening of refreshments, on Thursday, May 16 from 6-8 p.m. at Historic Saranac Lake's Saranac Laboratory Museum, 89 Church Street.
- Friday, June 14, 6:00-9:00pm: Grand Opening of the Cure Porch on Wheels wnd Saranac Lake at Work: LIVE! -- Join us for the grand opening of Historic Saranac Lake's CURE PORCH ON WHEELS with a night of live storytelling! Historic Saranac Lake and NCPR's North Country at Work project are collaborating to bring you Saranac Lake at Work: LIVE! Onstage, people tell their funniest, craziest, or most meaningful work stories to a live audience full of friends, family, and neighbors in Saranac Lake. Come to sit back and listen, or bring your own story to share! We'll be at the Cure Porch on Wheels at Riverside Park (ice palace location) on Friday, June 14. Join us for an open house on the porch from 6 - 7 p.m., with the live storytelling starting at 7! In case of inclement weather, the storytelling event will be held in the John Black Room of the Saranac Laboratory Museum.
Events in Development
Historic Saranac Lake is developing the following Porch events for 2019. Stay tuned for more details!
- Memorial Day story share
- Boating history story share at Riverside Park
- North Country families story share
- North Country agriculture and dairy farming pop-up exhibit and story share
- 5th grade cemetery projects at Pine Ridge Cemetery
- Caroling on the Cure Porch on Wheels
The following Porch events are in development by other organizations. Stay tuned for more details!
- Street Fest